JOFA Helmets | Halos of Hockey

Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr, Selanne, Savard, Sundin, Forsberg, Fleury, Kurri, Housley, Palffy, Salming and Stastny are some of the NHL greats who have worn the JOFA emblem proudly upon their foreheads during some of the highest scoring and most important seasons and careers in NHL history. This blog discusses the JOFA helmet, the different models, who men who wore them, their significance, where to buy and sell them, how to fix and modify them, and why they are icons of hockey excellence.

May 25, 2012

Teemu Selanne Rookie Helmet Modification


After finding some old CCM ear loops in my basement, I was inspired to do a Selanne rookie helmet modification.  All I had to find was an old ITECH aviator half shield, which I luckily got on eBay, attached to a JOFA helmet none-the-less.


I used old Selanne cards to determine the visor install. Also, I have always noticed that Selanne's early helmets always seemed to have ear loops that flipped out; I discovered why.  The design of the CCM ear loops causes the rubber to bend outward when installed, due to the points of mounting being closer together than the manufacturers intended.


It was difficult finding a white chin strap for some reason, so I settled with what I could find; and of course I swapped out the snap for a JOFA one.  I plan on replacing the chin strap with a CCM, when I find one.

2 comments:

  1. man that is one sharp helmet! your attention to chin strap detail is second to none!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you selling this helmet by chance? absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete